Jan. 10 neighbor roundtable to focus on third module
of zoning code update
AURORA, Colo. – The city of Aurora is updating its zoning code, and an upcoming Neighbor-to-Neighbor Roundtable will enable residents to review and discuss the third and final module of the draft code.
Registration is happening now for the Jan. 10 meeting at the Aurora Municipal Center, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway. A light supper will be served starting at 5:30 p.m., with the program beginning at 6 p.m. The program is free; however, please call 303.739.7280 to register.
This module contains the procedural requirements for the review and approval of development in the city. Information that is particularly relevant to residents includes:
· A new pre-application neighborhood meeting requirement for non-minor development projects, all zoning map changes, and all conditional uses.
· More comprehensive noticing requirements for development applications that must have a pre-application neighborhood meeting.
· Significant changes to the existing waiver process to address concerns and objections received to date.
· A new direction for the appeal process.
· Defined limitations written into the code for planning director approvals and adjustments.
For more information on the zoning code update, visit auroragov.org/zoningcodeupdate.
# # #